I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist and run a private practice in Central Oxford. I specialise in helping people who are experiencing difficulties with their eating, their weight, their body image and their shape. The treatment I provide is called Enhanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT-E).
CBT-E is the leading evidence-based treatment for adults with eating problems. It is endorsed by NHS England and in the Chief Medical Officer’s latest annual report (2015) it was recommended for all NHS patients with an eating problem.
If you have an eating problem, you may…
- feel that your life has been taken over by thoughts and worries about food, eating, or weight
- check your body shape over and over in the mirror, or avoid seeing yourself in the mirror at all
- have strict and rigid rules about what and when to eat
- experience times when you feel completely out of control of your eating
- try to have fresh start days regarding your eating, but often feel like you are failing
- feel guilty a lot of the time about what you have eaten
- find it hard to eat with other people
- feel extremely unhappy with your body shape
- feel low in mood, bad about yourself, and have difficulties in your relationships.
Your life has lost its colour. You can’t remember what it was like to enjoy food and not constantly worry about it. Life has become a constant struggle – and often you just don’t know how to find a way out.
I can help you make sense of your current difficulties. Together we can find out what is keeping you stuck in your eating problem and work on helping you find a way out of it. It is possible to live a life free of worries about food and weight, and get back to – or discover – the person underneath the eating problem – the real you.
Latest from the Blog
Oxford Eating Disorders
Dr Kristin Bohn
52 Cornmarket Street
Tel: 07445 515289 Email me